$90,000 – $110,000 a year – Full-time
About the Company:
Q College offers boot camps, short-term specialty courses, certificate and diploma programs. Our training builds skills, preparing our students for fulfilling careers and offering them pathway opportunities to further their education.
By perfectly combining convenience and quality education, many of our programs can be delivered full-time or part-time, with one-on-one or group training that can be taken at any of our branches. Our unique and effective approach to learning testifies just how much we care for our students’ success.
The Higher Ed division of M Square Media (MSM) provides local and international education management services to private career colleges and international study centres offering pathway programs and facilitating strategic partnerships and alliances among our extensive networks. MSM Higher Ed manages Q College.
Q College is growing and is in search of a Director of Academics to complement our executive team at this exciting juncture.
About the Role:
The Director of Academics provides leadership and vision needed for planning, organizing and directing all academic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To establish and foster external relationships with industry, professional organizations, educational institutions and other bodies.
- To conduct regular program advisory committee meeting.
- To facilitate articulation agreements, coordinate transfer credit approvals. and other related education services and agreements.
- To play an active role in planning curriculum, developing curriculum, and submitting curriculum for regulatory approval as required.
- To contribute to the development and ensure adherence to education related policy and procedures.
- To be accountable to the external and internal higher education quality assurance processes that regulate College programs and courses.
- To manage the instructional team including engage in recruitment and selection; facilitate ongoing professional development of the instructional team; ensure appropriate evaluations including student evaluations and other instructor related requirements as needed.
- To take a leadership and empathetic role in conflict resolution and problem solving between faculty and/or students.
- To manage departmental issues related to education such as enrolments and student success.
- To build relationships with programs and support areas as appropriate to the areas of responsibility
- To administer the academic operating budget and securing revenue objectives
- To contribute as a member of the executive team
- To uphold the values of the College
- To lead the fulfilment of goals
- Other duties consistent with the senior education administrator.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Innate leadership skills and a high level of comfort with delegation and management
- Extension knowledge of curriculum development and academic policy.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- High degree of comfort using online learning platforms and learning management systems.
- Advanced experience with development and strategic execution of academic plans.
- A natural ability to inspire and mentor future leaders.
- A demonstrated progression of an academic background in teaching and administration.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred, in a related field or equivalent of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a program coordinator, academic dean or director or in a similar senior academic administration position
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
- Salary range: $ 90,000 to $110,000.00 CAD annually
- Benefits include: Dental care, Extended healthcare, Paid time off, Vision care
- Campus, Onsite
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift