MSM is looking for a qualified, organized, passionate, and committed Account Officer in Ahmedabad for MSM team. The Accounts Officer is responsible for managing operations in their respective function and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the team. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to improving on processes, ensuring adherence to the SOPs, submission of reports etc. What You’ll Do:
Who We’re Looking for:
- Managing the team of executives
- Oversee day-to-day teams' operation and performance
- Create a healthy and motivating work environment for the team
- Set Clear Team Goals & KPIs
- Delegate task with set timelines and Ensure timelines are met
- Preparing & presenting weekly/monthly reports and analysis, as required
- Preparation of budgets and adherence to the same
- Ensure that statutory compliances are done on time
- Monitor the financial performance of the organization
- Keep a strong eye on the transactions to ensure account payable and account receivable are
- Review policies and procedures related to day-to-day activities of Finance, suggest any changes if
- Ensure the compliance of standard operating procedures by timely review.
- Communication with the Canadian Team, Vendors and third parties, Students, also liaise with
- Resolve problems of Team members and guide them to on timely completion of tasks
- Work on weekly monthly and annual compliances.
- Payroll processing and CRA compliances.
- GST returns filing and CRA compliances.
- Review and Finalisation of books of accounts every month.
- Supports the Leader of the department and perform management duties when the leader of the
department is absent or out of office
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Plan and organize team-building activities
- Any other duties as and when assigned
What we Offer
- CA or CPA or MBA in Finance
- Min 4 years’ experience out of which minimum 1-year experience in leading the department
- Experience in leading the team of more than 4 people
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Problem solving attitude
- Well versed in accounting software like QuickBooks, SAGE and should be technologically sound.
- Complete understanding of accounting and taxation concepts not necessarily Canadian.
- Ability to adapt new changes
Location of Work Who We Are:
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new market and with multiple partners across the globe
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology, and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, firstin-class products in enrolment management, education management, and EdTech. Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrolment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few. The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK,
Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work
has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation
through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about
. Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.