The Campus Director provides both academic and administrative leadership to Q College.
Key functions of the Campus Director are to make Q College into a profitable institution, enhance its position in Vancouver, interact with senior public and private sector officials, and manage all activities of the Campus, including finances.
The Campus Director will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Educational Services at MSM Higher Ed, coordinate with the Leadership team to set strategic directions for campus administration, and provide key financial leadership and consultative, project management, budget and administrative support.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the chief academic and administrative leader of the Q College, supervising operations and serving as the advocate for college programs and needs
- Develop and implement all short-term and long-term strategies and ensure consistency in same.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the College budget within funding limits
- Build solid relationships with customers, vendors and distributors as well as sales and marketing teams
- Assess marketing and sales as well as supplier and vendor operations and recommend improvements as needed.
- Prepare all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Research emerging trends and recommend new company offerings to satisfy customer needs
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow business.
- Determine and ensure effective maintenance of the organization structure on campus
- Analyze all fiscal requirements for campus and execute strategies to achieve same
- Monitor all objectives and strategic goals for operations and finances and ensure achievement of same
- Develop various new academic programs and provide modification to all current programs as needed
- Administer all student recruitment activities and ensure achievement of all objectives
- Determine course schedules, and coordinate teaching assignments and room assignments to ensure optimum use of buildings and equipment
- Maintain and strengthen internal and external strategic relationships on behalf of the College
- Write grants to procure external funding, and supervise grant-funded projects
- Consult with government regulatory and licensing agencies like PTIB, ICBC, ITA etc. to ensure the institution’s conformance with applicable standards.
- Represent institutions at community and campus events, in meetings with other institution personnel, and during accreditation processes
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others; demonstrates alignment with departmental and institutional goals and objectives
- Business Acumen – Knowledge of key business drivers impacting the department and the organization to partner with functional leaders in achieving the goals and objectives; Strong business acumen to turn around an organization into a profitable organization
- Analytical and Critical Thinking – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures
- Change Management – Develops communication and change strategy; supports initiatives to build commitment and to overcome resistance; assist functional leaders in preparing and supporting those affected by change; ability to communicate and execute on changes; assists functional leaders with monitoring transitions and evaluating results.
- Conflict Resolution – Highly skilled at the use of inquiry; facilitating communications and recommending actions for resolving conflicts in a manner that is best for both the organization and the individuals involved; supports the resolution of issues quickly and effectively; keeps all parties informed of the status; encourages employees to report problems or concerns
- Decisiveness – Displays ability to make well considered yet timely business decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Professional Development – Commits to his/her professional development and development of others; Motivates and encourages development by identifying skill enhancements opportunities and neutralizing barriers to such development.
- Manages Competing Priorities – Handles multiple assignments and priorities fulfilling all expectations and commitments; readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in priorities and/or procedures; gives appropriate attention to and establishes priorities of various work demands
- Language Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to read, analyze and interpret situations and apply appropriate business strategies, solutions and policies; ability to respond to various and oftentimes complex inquiries from employees; ability to create comprehensive yet succinct presentations to diverse audiences.
- Computer Skills – Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills; Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to multiple, evolving technical platforms used for human resources management
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or relevant Master’s degree highly preferred
- Five (5) years campus management or similar experience with strong familiarity with the higher education industry or relevant operational experience
- Must have prior successful experience in leadership roles with a variety of constituencies
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to generate and analyze data and make data-based decisions
- Must have strong budgeting skills and a working knowledge of appropriate financial analysis techniques
What we offer
- Opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- Work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- Engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
- Vancouver, Canada
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.