With more than 50 years of collective experience in the international education sector, M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives across countries. MSM is a multi-platform solutions provider for university and admissions, enrolments, and marketing departments with robust solutions that address operational, intelligence, and outreach challenges for educational institutions around the world. A globally spread MSM team takes pride in providing world-class solutions to educational institution partners in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and the EU. Know more about us: M Square Media.
The Campus Director role is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and innovative education professional to play a key role during a particularly exciting time in the MSM’s evolution. The Campus Director will direct and oversee the operations of Eton College campus. As the senior campus leader, the Campus Director will participate in setting goals, objectives and priorities as part of their engagement in the strategic planning process. The Center Director will also be accountable for ensuring organizational compliance with internal policies and procedures; external regulatory requirements; business operating requirements; as well as service agreements and other such contracts necessary for overseeing a campus.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Campus Director provides leadership in the areas of operations admissions, academics, student services and administration. This position supports, manages and coordinates academic and administrative operations with internal and external stakeholders in the achievement of productivity and performance standards and ensures excellence in education and service. In doing so, the Campus Director will drive results to meet or exceed key metrics in the areas of student enrollment, student retention, graduate employment data and operating income. As a member of the management team, the Campus Director participates and contributes expertise to MSM Education Center Network operational and strategic planning discussions and activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the College, providing strategic leadership, guidance and advice with vision.
- Meet enrollment and retention goals within specified guidelines
- Provide leadership and take accountability for the ongoing development and implementation of a quality assurance framework encompassing all aspects of College operations.
- Ultimate responsibility for the presentation and evaluation of the College’s academic profile with the stakeholders and the broader community.
- Development and enhancement of strategic alliances with significant stakeholders, with a particular focus on key relationships with government provincial regulatory bodies and other higher education institutions and Colleges within Canada.
- Ensure the College operates within recognized principles, standards and protocols governing the education sector.
- Identify and progress growth opportunities which align with both the College and MSM’s strategic direction.
- Contribute to government reviews of the education sector, as required.
- Oversee and ensure preparation for periodic audits of the College by external authorities.
- Contribute as a collaborative, constructive and proactive member of the Leadership team within MSM.
- Build and maintain strong and effective internal and external relationships that promote the College’s national and international profile.
- Performing other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or PhD degree preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an operations management role with exposure to business development and sales demonstrating consistent career growth and progression
- Demonstrated high level academic or professional leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategies
- Strategic finance, leadership and operational excellence focus & experience in the market
- Excellent relationship building skills; proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Compliance leadership & understanding
- Proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges , Private Career Colleges Act, Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB); Education Quality Assurance (EQA); Designated Learning Institution (DLI) status and requirements; Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Accreditation Processes; Employment Standards Act; BC Human Rights Code, Accessibility of BC’s Disability Act; Worksafe and other such regulatory bodies.
- Familiar with the curriculum planning and development
- Experience in a private post-secondary environment considered an asset
- Teaching experience is considered an asset
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation, group facilitation and business writing skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, committed to innovation, positive and enthusiastic
- Ability to work collaboratively, confidently and successfully in a fast-paced, goal oriented development operation
- Ability to work with a variety of disciplines and levels of an organization
- Advanced numeracy skills, including ability to prepare and manage budgets and budget variances, prepare and analyze financial reports
- Experience in conducting complex analyses and interpreting budgetary and statistical data
- Proven track record of energetic leadership, accomplishments and vision
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to main effective relationships with diverse groups and various stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills with ability to make appropriate decisions under pressure, specifically the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with students and employees
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service, compliance and ethics.
- Work requires on-going attention to detail with a focus on deadlines and overall financial results for the campus.
- Work is sometimes performed in an environment where noise from telephones, temperature and lighting variation exist, e.g. an open office area or an area with open access to the public.
- Meetings are often held via conference call.
- Ability to manage and thrive in a multi priority environment and commitment to work hours in excess of regular shift as needed is a critical element of this job
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
- Vancouver, Canada
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.