A driving school based in Kelowna, Vernon and Kamloops in BC, Extreme Professional Driver Training offers Truck Driver and Air Brakes courses, among others. It is governed by ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia). The school and its instructors are licensed and monitored by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
The Instructor will provide practical and theory training to students in order for the students to pass the driving test. This is a full-time position based from one of our campus locations.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Deliver In-yard and on-road lessons to prepare students to go to an ICBC road test and pass successfully. You will also be required to deliver MELT certified lessons as assigned by ICBC and to follow the MELT curriculum.
- Administer assessments as provided and required by ICBC
- Fill out student daily progress reports, attendance lists, and other paperwork as needed
- Ensure the curriculum and instruction provided are industry-validated, of high quality, current, and taught at a level where students have a fair and achievable opportunity to complete the training successfully.
- To ensure the integrity of all instructional materials used.
- To provide support, assistance and guidance to students for the course whenever necessary.
- To meet with school administrators and any other instructors on a regular basis to ensure the quality of instruction and curriculum of the program(s).
- Work evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Class 1 MELT Driver Instructor License is an asset, however, training can be arranged for the right candidate! (** In order to start training you MUST HOLD A VALID CLASS 1 LICENSE for 3+ YEARS and have a Class 1, 5/7 approval paperwork from ICBC**)
- A driver’s abstract with no accidents or incidents.
- Previous Driving Experience in Winter and Mountains is a MUST
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Successful completion of driver training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, cleanliness and patience.
- A good solid teaching ability.
- Works well with others to complete tasks.
- Safety Oriented.
- Salary range: $27 to $30 CAD per hour
- Benefits include: Extended healthcare benefits after 3 months of employment
- Sick Days
- Employment Assistance Program
- Kamloops, BC
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of learners’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team