MSM is looking for a qualified, organized, passionate, and committed professionals as a Controller –
Accounts & Finance in Ahmedabad for MSM team. The Controller – Accounts & Finance is responsible
for managing operations in their respective function and overseeing the day-to-day performance of the
team. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to improving on business strategies, increasing
profitability of the company, and ensuring the team stay motivated.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the full suite of financial compliance & controllership, business partnering and commercial
activities and support the management to achieve its financial targets and business goals.
- Hold accountability for timely and accurate reporting of profit and loss, expense budget
forecasting, capital budgets, and cash flows
- Lay down internal control procedures and policies in order to ensure accounting and business
practices are in line with corporate policy and direction
- Business and financial strategy planning including analysis and recommendations for improving
margin, ROI, cost controls and profitability analysis
- Prepare budgets for the financial year and monitor the budget with respect to expenditures and
adopting appropriate steps for managing the allocated budget and spending control,
implementing internal controls wherever needed
- Overall cash management including receivables, payables, and working capital and timely payroll
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annually consolidated financial statements
- Compilation and reporting under Accounting Standards.
- Review the accounting procedures and systems in a manner that will ensure the company meets
all the statutory and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Develop a strong MIS System
- Manage the auditing and taxation processes which meets the necessary statutory requirements.
- Take leadership to drive cross functional process improvement and lead the accounts & finance
team and ensure the team is disciplined and motivated.
- Interface with the internal and external auditors as a focal point for efficient management of the
Statutory, Tax, Transfer Pricing and Internal Audits as a part of Corporate Governance
- Any other related task assigned by reporting authority
What We’re Looking for:
- CA or CPA or MBA in Finance
- Min 10 years’ experience out of which minimum 5 years’ experience in leading the department
- Experience in leading the team of more than 7 people
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Problem solving attitude
- Well versed in accounting software like QuickBooks, SAGE and should be technologically sound.
- Complete understanding of accounting and taxation concepts not necessarily Canadian.
- Ability to adapt new changes
What we offer
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new market and with multiple partners across the globe
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
Location of Work
- Ahmedabad, India
Who We Are:
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international
education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology,
and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, firstin-class products in enrolment management, education management, and EdTech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrolment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK,
Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those
applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment
opportunities to all persons without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.