M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
The Director, Business Development (Canada) will lead our business development efforts across 4 verticals (GMO, Abcodo, MSM Unify, MSM HigherEd), and other MSM initiatives as they may be launched, focusing on a dynamic scaling up of our current business operations and revenue generation to realize exponential business growth from double digit-M to 500M, while playing a key role in new worldwide business innovation and strategy. The CGO will create and mould an industry-leading team of business development and sales professionals. The CGO will serve as a key part of the MSM executive.
Duties and responsibilities
As Director, Business Development, you will:
- Co-design MSM’s vision for growth (of business and impact), with CEO and Leadership Team for the GMO, Abcodo, MSM Unify, and MSM HigherEd divisions, owning the evolution and activation of vision.
- Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps.
- Provide financial budgets and forecasting based on financial data and develop forecasting from revenues.
- Work with our Finance and Government Relations teams to lead us in sustainable and strategic growth planning.
- Embrace MSM’s core values and leadership principles: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Teamwork, and Inspiration.
- Attract, coach, and retain top talent while building a performance-driven culture.
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators and targets for the divisions and push the business development team to achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
- Coordinate marketing activities to support and expand business development initiatives.
- Provide leadership and develop collaborative relationships with the business development team, partners and key stakeholders.
- Measure and analyze current revenue streams, offerings and relationships to optimize our business growth and revenue strategy.
- Lead potential transactions, prepare and present sales proposals, negotiate and close high-value contracts.
- Develop a healthy pipeline of solid commercial opportunities to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of investment opportunities for MSM.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, competition and broader market dynamics that frame business context now and in the near future.
- Monitor competitor services, products and sales activities. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Assist in Government Relations strategies.
- Represent MSM at conferences and conventions as needed, and generally within the business community.
Preferred skills and abilities
- Executive team management experience, minimum 5 years, with demonstrated success
- Business development experience, minimum of 5 years, with demonstrated success
- Excellent persuasion, people and presentation skills
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of our industry and the opportunities in the market
- A management or business degree
- $90,000 – $110,000 CAD plus benefits
- Eligible for bonus based on determined key performance indicators
- Benefits for permanent, full time-employees include:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Location of Work:
- Remote in Canada (Preference for British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario)
- Travel may be required
Requirements for Remote Work:
- Desktop Computer with Windows 10
- Dual monitors
- 8GB RAM or greater
- i5 Processor or greater
- Internet speed – 25 Mbps download speed and 15 Mbps upload speed
- Home router with wired link to PC
- HD webcam
- Headset with microphone
- Softphone or available phone to make calls