This Director for Business Development reports to the Vice President for Global @ MSM. The position is responsible for creating and implementing strategic business development plans that enhance MSM’s ability to pursue new markets and launch new solutions in the assigned territory.
This includes overseeing business verticals that assist in determining the best avenues to enhance MSM’s services; focusing on initiatives that improve MSM’s profitability and marketability; and directing an assortment of activities in support of acquisitions, strategic alliances, and reengineering of projects.
What You’ll Do
- Perform market diligence for us across the international education landscape.
- Take ownership of assessing and developing growth strategies in the expansion of in-country and global marketing solutions into large provider systems
- Take ownership in working on innovative and unique commercial models
- Identify new business opportunities and strategies to improve the company’s market position for financial growth.
- Create and implement a corporate business development strategy.
- Plan and lead strategic business development initiatives.
- Research the competition and generate potential leads.
- Network and build client relationships.
- Lead potential transactions, prepare and present sales proposals, negotiate and close high-value contracts.
- Lead deals in fulfilling due diligence to deliver a fact-based and realistic assessment of the deal’s opportunities and risks.
- Develop a healthy pipeline of solid commercial opportunities to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of investment opportunities for MSM.
- Collaborate with operational functions to develop an initial integration plan and ensure a solid hand-off to integration project management.
- Utilize strong product identity, market knowledge, and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, competition, and broader market dynamics that frame business context now and in the near future.
- Gain international education industry knowledge on trends and influences for our client base.
- Monitor competitor services, products, and sales activities. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our client solutions
- Show financial astuteness and understand and test the value drivers and key metrics in a deal model
- Work flexibly and can be both an individual contributor and a team leader
Who We’re Looking For
- Has a master’s degree in business, finance, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Has an MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Has eight (8) years or more experience in Strategic Planning (Required)
- Has five (5) years or more experience in International Education (Preferred)
- Has eight (8) years or more experience in Business Development (Required)
- Highly preferred candidates with experience in one or all areas, including international education, higher education, and information technology
- Politically savvy with strong negotiation, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and influencing skills are required
- Knowledge of general trends, economic drivers, and policies across the international education sector
- Set strategic context based on industry trends, evaluate patterns emerging in the market, develop long-term implications and recommend pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities
What We Offer
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
- We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and law equal employment opportunity laws.
Location Of Work
- Anywhere in Canada
Who We Are
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader in innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology, and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrolment management, education management, and EdTech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrolment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back-office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
– Presence in 17 countries and growing
– An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
– Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com
Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.