The Director General, Quebec is responsible for developing and implementing strategic business development plans that enhance MSM’s ability to pursue new markets and implement new solutions. This includes overseeing business verticals that assist in determining the best avenues to enhance MSM’s services; focusing on initiatives that improve MSM’s profitability and marketability; and directing an assortment of activities in support of acquisitions, strategic alliances and reengineering of projects. . In this capacity, the Director General, Quebec acts as the leader of MSM Business enterprise including, but not limited to:
What You’ll Do
- Identifies new business opportunities and strategies to improve the company’s market position in Quebec for financial growth.
- MSM Recruitment division- Identifies, pitches and signs up institutions as it’s country or global offices.
- MSM Higher Ed division- Acquisitions of schools.
- Public private partnerships.
- Plan and lead strategic business development initiatives in Quebec.
- Researches the competition and generates potential leads.
- Networks and builds client relationships.
- Leads potential transactions, prepares and presents sales proposals, negotiates and closes high value contracts.
- Leads the due diligence to deliver a fact-based and realistic assessment of the deal’s opportunities and risks.
- Develops a healthy pipeline of solid commercial opportunities to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of investment opportunities for MSM.
- Collaborates with operational functions to develop an initial integration plan and ensure a solid hand-off to integration project management.
- Utilizes strong product, market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the company’s products, competition and broader market dynamics that frame business context now and in the near future.
- International education industry knowledge on trends and influences for our client base.
- Monitors competitor services, products and sales activities. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our client solutions.
- Is financially astute, understanding and testing the value drivers and key metrics in a deal model
- Is willing to contribute both as an individual contributor and a team leader.
- Master’s degree in business, finance or a related field, or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strategic Planning: 8+ years (Required)
- International Education: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 8+ years (Required)
- Bilingual (French and English)
Skills and Experience
- Highly preferred candidates with experience in one or all areas, including: international education, higher education in Quebec and information technology
- Politically savvy with strong negotiation, problem solving and project management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and influencing skills are required
- Knowledge of general trends, economic drivers and policies across the international education sector
- Set strategic context based on industry trends, evaluate patterns emerging in the market, develop long-term implications and recommend pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
Who We Are
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology, and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first in-class products in enrollment management, education management, and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.
VP, Government Relations