With more than 50 years of collective experience in the international education sector, M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives across countries. MSM is a multi-platform solutions provider for university and admissions, enrolments, and marketing departments with robust solutions that address operational, intelligence, and outreach challenges for educational institutions around the world. A globally spread MSM team takes pride in providing world-class solutions to educational institution partners in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and the EU. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
MSM is looking for eLearning and Instructional Technology Manager who will manage online course development, faculty training and mentoring and quality initiatives for eLearning. The incumbent ensures accessibility issues related to online instruction are addressed and comply with applicable regulations. Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of production services using a variety of media. Responds to inquiries from College departments, the community and/or external agencies and supervises professional, technical/support staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with Distance Education management establishes the vision and goals, and oversees the work plans for the College eLearning program. Supports the development of strategic offerings/initiatives, related policies and procedures and program promotion; ensures compliance with accessibility regulations.
- Plans, implements and manages the district wide online course development process including faculty training, instructional design and quality course design reviews.
- Plans and oversees the implementation of faculty professional development programs relating to best practices in online teaching and other academic initiatives to support student success and completion. Oversees faculty mentoring program.
- Develops and implements plans that address accessibility in online instruction. This includes compliance with federal regulations, support and training for faculty in designing accessible course materials, problem-solving to address accommodation requests from students or faculty and adaptation of course materials.
- Supervises faculty, academic professional, technical/support staff and casual/student workers. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends the dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Researches, develops and facilitates quality training opportunities for new and continuing faculty in the use of technology in instruction; supervises faculty production lab.
- Researches and implements new instructional strategies to remain competitive in the delivery of education; researches emerging technologies and their application to teaching and learning.
- Plans, implements and manages the district wide processes and operations of media services program including video, ITV, multi-media, web and/or other related technologies. Coordinates
- the scheduling, training, development, and support for production resources. Coordinates production activities within the College and with external agencies providing production services.
- Plans, operates, promotes and evaluates a schedule of interactive video classes and video services. Works with applicable Division Deans, Department Chairs, and faculty to select, market and support courses and services.
- Manages the production of high quality video, multi-media, and graphic materials to support the delivery of instruction and services. Collaborates with staff, faculty and clients to plan, script, and deliver instructionally and aesthetically sound media productions.
- Participates in the development and administration of applicable policies, strategic plans, goals and programmatic activities pertaining to production service programs at the College.
- Plans, manages, budgets and evaluates projects and productions for the Distance Education Department ensuring the integration of activities with the College’s online and operational functions.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field and three years of progressively responsible experience related to eLearning and Multi-Media production, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Supervisory principles;
- Contract management principles and practices;
- Basic budgeting principles and practices;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Video, multi-media, and graphic material production principles and practices;
- Applicable software systems utilized in daily operations;
- Applicable digital production equipment;
- eLearning principles and practices;
- Understanding of adult learning theory and practice;
- Current and emerging educational technology.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- High quality, standard-based online course design and development;
- Collaborating with and support of college faculty;
- Conducting online quality course design reviews;
- Coordination of projects, tracking and reporting on project status, teamwork, leadership, innovation and delivery of consistent, quality products within established timelines;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
- Evaluating the quality of production materials and services;
- Monitoring production budgets;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.