Inspiring Service Excellence since 2005.
Eton College offers quality education programs that prepare graduates for employment in a variety of customer service fields and for those who wish to advance their study, transfer credits to one of our education partner institutions. Achieving excellence in customer service is a key theme within our programs of study and amongst our Eton College team.
Eton College, is designated by the Private Training and Institution Branch (PTIB), Education Quality Assurance (EQA) and is an approved Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Eton College is a member of the M Square Media Higher Ed Group.
The Front Desk/Enrollment Service Assistant reports to the College Director and follows established policy, procedures and customer service-oriented business practices. This position provides full time front counter services, handles inquiries from prospective and current students and the general public regarding admission, registration, pre-requisites, graduation, and college policies and procedures. This position provides front-line customer service and administrative support to the College registration office and support to the education team.
Specific duties will include a broad range of student service, administrative, and clerical functions that support the current and evolving needs of prospective and currently enrolled students, and contribute to the continual improvement of efficiencies. Service and support in the following areas will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing professional exceptional customer service (via front counter, telephone, email and other communication channels);
- Assisting with applications, admissions, registration, orientation and graduation;
- Processing registrations, transcript requests, and confirmation of enrollments;
- Maintaining and organizing files and office supplies;
- Offering student services and student support;
- Provide coverage for colleagues when required;
- Placing orders for education and office supplies;
- Other duties and projects as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- One-year certificate or diploma in business administration or related customer service-related field;
- 2+ years of related experience in a post-secondary environment within a Registrar’s Office or Student Services setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Intermediate level computer skills including: keyboarding at 40 wpm (word processing and data entry), spreadsheet, database and e-mail management.
- Fluency in written, spoken, listening and speaking in English
- Fluency in another language other than English consistent with international recruitment markets is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid background in general administrative procedures and practices
- Ability to provide technical guidance and interpretation to students and faculty on enrollment policies and procedures
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Data entry and records management and/or maintenance skills
- Ability to work with computers and related software and knowledge of computerized student information systems
- Working knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA);
- Demonstrated ability to work with empathy, discretion and confidentiality;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work with wide range of customers;
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize workload and work independently in a busy and challenging environment with multiple and changing deadlines;
- Ability to manage a busy desk, enjoy a variety of work and be willing to jump in a support or assist other Eton employees in periods of peak workloads;
Location of Work
Eton College is located in Vancouver, British Columbia close to the Main Street, Science World Sky Train Station.
Hours of Work
This position is a fulltime permanent position. The hours of work be 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Alternative work schedules may be required to accommodate future growth or peak period workload demands.
Thank you for your interest in Eton College. Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted. Eton College is an equal opportunity employer.