Effective driving of enabling processes and achieving the Planned Top-Line and Bottom-Line of B2C Businesses.
B2C Portfolio currently comprises of:-
- One stop solution for Students who wanted to Study Abroad. Product Portfolio Management (Alignment of team in terms of Handling Students queries country wise).
- Strategy to ensure desired Variable Contribution and Bottom-Line.
- Network Expansion & Management.
- Sales-Force Effectiveness.
- Developing & Deploying Promotion Strategies for Product Offerings.
- Active Participation in various Best Practices of the Organization.
- Contribution to Common Divisional Objectives & Processes.
- Ensuring strategies to mitigate the various risks identified for the Division and Function.
- Processes for and adherence to all the Organizational Policies & Guidelines.
Business Planning and Delivery of Results:
- Develop a robust business strategy.
- Analyse competition and conduct global benchmarking.
- Be the champion of the Student’s voice, using formal, structured sources of Student insights, in the strategic planning process.
- Consequently, frame relevant business objectives such as:
- Revenue per salesperson, per geography (city/ state) per Country per Product per In-take, etc.
- Collections by salesperson, by geography(city/ state) per Country per Product per In-take, etc.
- Market share by state, by Line of Business
- Brand metrics – awareness, consideration, preference, advocacy, and associations
- Profitability (EBITDA and EBT as a percentage of revenue)
- Channel metrics – reach, extraction etc.
- Develop a granular strategy execution plan and monitor the same to drive results on the relevant business objectives.
Brand Development and Communication:
- Develop an insight-led brand strategy and secure buy-in for key choices in the brand strategy, especially the choice of client and guide rails for brand expression.
- Define the marketing budget and institutionalize a system for monitoring and reporting on the same.
- Approve communication material such as advertisements on various media, exhibition kits, selling aids, brochures, trade, etc., and activation platforms.
- Measure & improve on brand-business metrics.
Product and Innovation Management:
- Lead a structured approach towards the gathering of insights –, clients, trade and competition.
- Identify gaps in the product portfolio and take data-based decisions (including sourcing of traded products) to address the same, if required by the strategic plan.
- Continuously gather and monitor customer usage patterns, pain points, and other feedback so that product upgrades / rectifications can made in a timely manner.
Sales and Channel Effectiveness:
- Manage the country wise portfolio – traditional as well as online – to deliver the desired sales and profitability objectives.
- Formulate sales policy (pricing policy, channel strategy, trade discounts & incentives, etc).
- Develop and nurture a highly motivated & trained sales team
- Formulate Sales Incentive Scheme to incentivize.
- Improve reach and extraction across key markets.
Client Experience Management:
- Lead the innovation and improvement process for service delivery and an all-round outstanding experience of the brand.
- Lead the process of understanding the client decision-making journey & usage cycle.
- Develop and implement action plans to enhance the customer’s experience of our brand across all critical touchpoints.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve after-sales service delivery i.e. form application submission till VISA Approval.
- Develop and institutionalize the ongoing measurement of client satisfaction so that it provides feedback to improve customer experience re-design.
People & Team Management:
- Nurture an environment where people work together, feel free to express themselves, and learn from each other through diligent deployment. (Planning for Execution).
- Identify critical roles within the LOB and ensure that they are staffed by employees who have met the criteria of ‘talent’.
- Develop individual development plans for direct reports and review progress periodically.
- Build a team that values and rewards accountability that is, in turn, enabled by empowerment.
- Develop measures to gauge managerial productivity and monitor the same.
Compliance with company-wide policies and initiatives:
- Provide active support to all verticals, in terms of sharing data intelligence.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Support the Business Head in their endeavour to be the ‘Voice of their Industry’.
Essential Qualification: Graduate/ Post Graduate qualification in Business Management
Preferred Qualification: Post Graduate qualification in Business Management
Essential Experience: 12 years of work experience with proven expertise in the management of product portfolios, brands, and channels at a middle management level.
Preferred Experience: Candidates with experience in product life-cycle management and retail operations.
Special Skills Required:
- Ability to generate, evaluate & choose from among a range of strategic options.
- Ability to synthesize diverse sources of information.
- Critiquing skills (Giving constructive feedback to team members).
- Reviewing skills (Asking the right questions to encourage the generation of creative possibilities to solve problems).
- Ability to build strategic plans for, at least, a 3-year horizon.
- Result orientation.
- Strong persuasion and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate one’s team to deliver on expectations.
- Ability to harness the potential of ecosystems – partners, experts, industry associations, etc.