MSM is looking for a qualified, organized, passionate, and committed professional to be the Head of Compliances & Regulations team in Ahmedabad, India. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Head of Compliances & Regulations will be responsible in maintaining the organization’s legal and ethical integrity.
The role also involves designing compliance plans, guiding and educating the management and staff on compliance matters, updating knowledge on recent regulatory changes, and responding in case of government investigations.
What You’ll Do
- Defining the necessary level of knowledge on existing and emerging regulatory compliance such as GST, TDS, Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Statutory audit, and review as per domestic and international taxation requirements across the organization.
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization’s unique characteristics.
- Periodically revising the compliance plan in light of changes.
- Providing strategic direction to the management team on compliance
- Leading and actively conducting investigations of corporate compliance
- Providing advice to organizational leadership and key stakeholders concerning risk and appropriate remedial measures related to corporate compliance allegations
- Consulting with and advising the Human Resource and Employee Relations Leadership concerning the nature, risks, investigation, and remediation of matters
- Develop internal guidelines on corporate compliance investigation related issues
- Preparing and submitting to CFO the monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual reports on legal compliance.
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of strategies and policies.
- Centralizing the legal and compliance function and responsibilities that are deriving out of acquisitions.
- Act as the go-to person for the CEO and Senior Management layer for any questions related to regulatory and contract compliance.
- Conducting and overseeing internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Informing, educating, and training employees on matters that are associated with regulations and industry practices
- Preparing appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Ensuring and verifying that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
Who We’re Looking For
- Has a CA or MBA in Finance
- 8 to 12 years of professional; with at least 5 years managerial role in Compliance & Regulations
- Preferably with professional certification such as Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Must have excellent knowledge of Excel spreadsheet modeling and experience in using financial software
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of people within the organization
- Quick learner and has the ability to identify and drive changes to the business functions, organization, and processes
- Collaborative and highly-flexible; with willingness to embrace an operating environment that spans through different time zones, multiple currencies, and diverse cultures
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
- Has great attention to detail
- Excellent desktop skills (MS Excel, MS Word, & MS PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn and master new applications
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on the lives of thousands of international students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
- Ahmedabad, India
Who We Are
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader in innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology, and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrolment management, education management, and EdTech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrolment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.