Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, M Square Media is looking for an HR Manager on a part-time basis to oversee all personnel-related matters and ensure we use our resources beneficially. The position will evolve to full time in the future. The HR Manager’s responsibilities include applying company policies and managing internal HR systems for less than 20 employees in Canada and overseeing existing HR for over 200 international employees and contractors. To be successful in this role, you should have HR experience and the ability to identify the development requirement in various cross sections of the organization. Ultimately, you will ensure our HR department operates efficiently and aligns with our business objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Hiring of company personnel in Canada and overseeing international HR operations;
- Implements organizational goal deployment with vision and value deployment that leads to more employee engagement;
- Review, create and implements an HR Standardization Process that leads to smooth Employee Relations;
- Leads HR projects like compensation plans revisions;
- Research and advise on the implementation of functional HRMS and databases across all departments and locations;
- Has knowledge and skills in talent management and acquisition;
- Has skills in organizational development, performance management;
- Oversees payroll and performance evaluation systems;
- Design company policies and procedures;
- Manage internal communication projects (like job satisfaction surveys);
- Measure the effectiveness of company benefit program and recommend refinements;
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives;
- Ensure our recordkeeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Organizational Communication, or any related field;
- Work experience in HR Operations or similar role for no less than 3 years;
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools;
- Experience in Extended Health benefits programs;
- Good knowledge of labour legislation in Canada;
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
Necessary Skills in
- Complex problem solving;
- Conflict management and mediation;
- An eye for detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a global and diverse team;
- The chance to make an impact on employees from all over the world;
- Opportunity for a transition to full time work;
- The opportunity to lead and inspire a team.
Location of Work
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.