With more than 50 years of collective experience in the international education sector, M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives across countries. MSM is a multi-platform solutions provider for university and admissions, enrolments, and marketing departments with robust solutions that address operational, intelligence, and outreach challenges for educational institutions around the world. A globally spread MSM team takes pride in providing world-class solutions to educational institution partners in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and the EU. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
MSM is looking for an Instructional Designer to design and develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
Instructional designers will create instructional materials for traditional instructor-led classes, internet programs and web-based learning aids. They revamp courses for online presentation and analyze class outlines to make sure they meet institutional standards. They also keep abreast of the latest instructional methodologies and technologies and make recommendations for improvements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed.
- Develop materials for courses based on information provided by subject matter experts and instructors to create the best coursework possible.
- Create realistic objectives for learning or performance for students and instructors.
- Redesign courses for online presentation that are conducive to distance learning programs while still adhering to academic goals of the institution.
- Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options for the course.
- Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed institutional standards, and provide reports for accreditation reviews.
- Adapt coursework to assist learners with disabilities so that they are able to experience the same learning opportunities as others.
- Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible.
Education and Experience:
- Previous working experience in instructional design for 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.