MSM Higher Ed
Vancouver, BC • Temporarily remote
$60,000 – $75,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent
About the Role:
MSM is looking for a Manager, Grants and Funding Agency Relationships to join the team. This position reports to the President, MSM Higher Ed.
In this role, you are part of a dynamic organization that provides relevant education management solutions. Passionate about working and making a difference, you contribute to initiatives that advance the International Education industry and address the needs of both educational institutions and learners. You have the opportunity to collaborate with a team, learn and grow as you take on new challenges.
As Manager, Grants and Funding Agency Relationships, you will enhance funding models, identify new sources of funding and develop a sustainable and effective grants program for the company including writing proposals for grants and funding training initiatives such as Project Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT), Job Creation Partnerships (JCP), as well as other business related grant opportunities. You are detail-oriented, skilled in writing grant proposals and work closely with partners and teams in the implementation of the administration of grants and awards. You are familiar with funding agency programs and enjoy building relationships with various stakeholders.
Responsible for ensuring the successful grant management of the company, you are motivated by the challenge of setting financial goals and achieving results. You stay up-to-date and review the trends in grant processes and research on related information that is relevant to the industry. You are skilled in communicating technical information in a way that is easy to understand by both technical and no- technical audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To engage with external funding organizations to identify funding opportunities for-profit projects and confirm financial and reporting requirements.
- To perform research and review funding grants by Canadian, US and European governments for for-profit organizations and their application information to evaluate whether this is in line with corporate goals.
- To lead the internal team in developing and completing grant applications in adherence with the processes, compliance policies and defined timelines.
- to analyze grant requirements and develop a clear strategy to maintain and ensure that proper grant procedures are in place to meet the said requirements.
- To write concise, accurate and strategic content for grant proposals and responses as needed.
- To be responsible in overseeing the proposal production process – from gaining internal approvals, finalizing deliverables, to the coordination of delivery and alignment of all efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
- To ensure that grant application submissions are timely, compliant, and of the highest standard.
- To maintain and strengthen the relationship with the funding organization after the grant is secured.
- To be responsible for all grant reporting during the project, including market, technical, and detailed financial reports.
- To establish financial goals and create innovative strategies to improve budgeting processes relevant to grants/funding.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 15 years of experience in an external government relations or funding role for Canadian federal and provincial government officials/agencies as well as trade associations;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in grant writing is required, including researching grant opportunities and developing business cases and successful grant proposals;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or communications;
- Knowledge of accounting and finance practices; demonstrated ability to interpret financial documents such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements;
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work with limited information;
- Significant initiative and independence in carrying out project work in International Education industry knowledge is essential;
- Proficiency in business writing and presentation;
- Be organized and detail-oriented to effectively manage tight deadlines;
- Ability to keep sensitive payroll and financial information confidential at all times;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in handling staff;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment; and
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of learners’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
- Salary range: $ 60,000 to $75,000.00 CAD annually
- Benefits include: Dental care, Extended healthcare, Paid time off, Vision care
- British Columbia – can work from home but should be willing to travel within Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island for meetings
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19