MSM is looking for a Manager, Grants and Funding Agency Relationships to join the team. This position reports to the President, MSM Higher Ed. In this role, you are part of a dynamic organization that provides relevant education management solutions. Passionate about working and making a difference, you contribute to initiatives that advance the International Education industry and address the needs of both educational institutions and learners. You have the opportunity to collaborate with a team, learn and grow as you take on new challenges.
As Manager, Grants and Funding Agency Relationships, you will enhance funding models, identify new sources of funding and develop a sustainable and effective grants program for the company including writing proposals for grants and funding training initiatives such as Project Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT), Job Creation Partnerships (JCP), as well as other business related grant opportunities. You are detail-oriented, skilled in writing grant proposals and work closely with partners and teams in the implementation of the administration of grants and awards. You are familiar with funding agency programs and enjoy building relationships with various stakeholders.
Responsible for ensuring the successful grant management of the company, you are motivated by the challenge of setting financial goals and achieving results. You stay up-to-date and review the trends in grant processes and research on related information that is relevant to the industry. You are skilled in communicating technical information in a way that is easy to understand by both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage with external funding organizations to identify funding opportunities for-profit projects
and confirm financial and reporting requirements.
- Research and review funding grants by Canadian, US and European governments for forprofit organizations and their application information to evaluate whether this is in line with
- Lead the internal team in developing and completing grant applications in adherence with the
processes, compliance policies and defined timelines.
- Analyze grant requirements and develop a clear strategy to maintain and ensure that proper
grant procedures are in place to meet the said requirements.
- Write concise, accurate and strategic content for grant proposals and responses as needed.
- Oversee the proposal production process – from gaining internal approvals, finalizing
deliverables, to the coordination of delivery and alignment of all efforts with internal and
- Ensure that grant application submissions are timely, compliant, and of the highest standard.
- Maintain and strengthen the relationship with the funding organization after the grant is
- Responsible for all grant reporting during the project, including market, technical, and detailed
- Establish financial goals and create innovative strategies to improve budgeting processes
relevant to grants/funding.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 15 years of experience in an external government
relations or funding role for Canadian federal and provincial government officials/agencies as
well as trade associations;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in grant writing is required, including researching grant
opportunities and developing business cases and successful grant proposals;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or communications;
- Knowledgeable in accounting and finance practices; demonstrated ability to interpret financial
documents such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements;
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work with limited information;
- Significant initiative and independence in carrying out project work in International Education
industry knowledge is essential;
- Proficient in business writing and presentation;
- Organized and detail-oriented to effectively manage tight deadlines;
- Ability to keep sensitive payroll and financial information confidential at all times;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in handling staff;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment; and
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of learners’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
- British Columbia
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.