Mentora College of Business & Technology is a new career college with public college pathways that offer intensive diploma programs in Business Administration Management and Hotel Management. In addition, it also has an accredited language school catering to international markets and is part of a reputable global education network.
Our career college provides a high standard of education and goes the extra mile for our learners, who receive an applied, future-proofed education that will set them up for success.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, the Programs Coordinator, will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the first two Diploma Programs the College offers- Business Administration Management and Hotel Management.
This role will support the academic department with various projects relating to academic operations by developing and implementing innovative program- specific objectives. The Programs Coordinator plays an essential role in the successful startup of the College by managing and leading faculty members, developing the Business and Hotel programs, and contributing to continuous student success.
Faculty Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the Programs.
- Identify the need for faculty resources, participate in the hiring process, and make effective recommendations regarding Instructor selection.
- Onboard new departmental faculty and serve as a mentor in the implementation of effective teaching skills.
- Participate in Instructor induction and maintain records of Instructor observation & appraisal.
- Review and provide input to appraisals for Instructors as requested by the Executive Director of Operations.
- Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed.
- Oversee the assessment process for all Instructors.
Program and Curriculum Development
- Innovate, develop, and deliver an effective learning environment using available resources incorporating various teaching/learning methods to meet the course objectives.
- Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Manage lesson planning, assignments, class management and overall course assessment of the students’ work, while ensuring students’ awareness regarding course objectives and scoring rubric.
- Delivering effective lessons using available resources incorporating various teaching/learning methods to meet the course outcomes
- Lesson planning, assignments, class management and overall course assessment of the students’ work
- Engage students by tutoring and academic counseling while evaluating students’ progress and achievement
- Challenging ideas, encouraging students to develop skills and knowledge in critical thinking
- Monitor student academic progress, grades, and attendance, ensure records are updated and accurate.
- Liaise with student services for routine monitoring of attendance, student integration, student progression, disciplinary matters and provide strategies for problem-solving.
- Oversee and execute orientation day timetables and presentations.
- Liaise with different departments on academic and other student-related matters, including career services.
- Engage students by tutoring and academic counseling while evaluating students’ progress and achievement.
- Ensure all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner.
- Challenge ideas and encourage students to develop skills and knowledge in critical and rational thinking.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- $65,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Toronto, ON M4Y1Y5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)