M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. MSM strives for people and community empowerment through education, technology and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, MSM provides agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management, and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, program articulations and strategic alliances with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students.
The Higher Ed division of MSM provides local and international education management services to private career colleges and international study centres offering pathway programs and facilitating strategic partnerships and alliances among our extensive networks.
MSM Higher Ed is looking for results driven Student Recruitment and Training Sales Associates with a demonstrated track record for student recruitment and training sales success. This position will contribute to business growth and profitability. The incumbent(s) will report to the Senior Student Recruitment and Training Sales Executive and will work collaboratively with colleagues who are on location or working remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit international students to MSM Higher Ed managed College brands from abroad to come to Canada.
- Establish recruitment and sales targets in conjunction with the supervisor and achieve results that boost profitability.
- Build rapport with overseas intermediaries who are a source of international students.
- Cultivate relationships with business, industry and funding agencies that result in training contracts.
- Identify promising prospects through cold calling, networking and customer referrals.
- Ensure that recruitment, admission and contract training processes are implemented smoothly.
- Maintain accurate student-related sales records, potential and existing students and clients and submit regular sales reports.
- Assess student and client satisfaction and make recommendations where appropriate to achieve or improve levels of satisfaction.
- Be familiar with the competitive programming, pricing and market success and present ideas for recruitment and training sales growth.
- Analyze sales metrics to determine the effectiveness of sales strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a professional manner.
- Other assignments consistent with recruitment and training sales and support.
- Undergraduate degree in business management or administration, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Proven student recruitment or strong and successful sales experience with an interest in education and training.
- Demonstrated track record for setting ambitious targets and achieving them.
- Technologically proficient, including comfort utilizing Google Suite platform software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and apps for multiple purposes including communications.
- Track record using social media as a sales/recruitment resource.
- Familiarity with post-secondary education or education sales is an asset but not required.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding cross-cultural communications skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communications and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking in English.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in another language consistent with geographic or nationality related territories will be an asset.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of learners’ lives.
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe.
- The opportunity to be innovative and creative with a focus on setting goals and achieving results.
Language and Cultural Skills
- We work with an international community and, as such, highly value linguistic and cultural expertise in the following languages, in addition to business-level English and/or French: Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Punjabi, Hindi and the many others that represent the foreign student population in Canada.
Location of Work
- Opportunities are currently available in major Canadian cities, including those listed below. Preference will be given initially to those located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or the Greater Vancouver Area and Fraser Valley.
Cities/areas in which we wish to have sales agents located:
Quebec – Montreal, Quebec City
Ontario – Ottawa, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton
Manitoba – Winnipeg
Saskatchewan – Saskatoon, Regina
Alberta – Edmonton, Calgary
British Columbia – Vancouver, Surrey and Fraser Valley, Victoria and Vancouver Island
Thank you for your interest in MSM and its Higher Ed division. We appreciate your interest in employment with us, however only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All divisions of MSM and MSM Higher Ed managed colleges offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable laws.
Reference ID: SSRTSA13-INT
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift