About the position
- To develop and build contacts with international education agents in Canada (Metro Vancouver in particular) and to increase the international student enrollments;
- To work with Metro Vancouver and BC high school international education counselors and attend education fairs organized by the local school districts;
- To develop strong connections with the Indian community in Metro Vancouver and other parts of BC and Canada;
- To handle student inquiries and applications from Indian students, assist them with student orientations and make them aware of the culture and student life at the partner institution;
- To help and promote the partner institution in Canada with a significant focus on increasing enrollment numbers.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- To contribute to forecasting and meeting overall organizational and institutional student enrollment targets.
- To travel and represent partner institution by participating in education fairs, and other recruitment events and act as a liaison between the institution and prospective students or education agents.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any stream.
- Minimum two years of experience in the student recruitment activities in an educational institution in Vancouver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with hands-on experience in making presentations.
- Proficiency in English, Hindi and Punjabi languages and additional languages will be an asset.
- Translation skills – oral communication, written documentation.
- Valid driving license with the ability to access a car, travel nationally and internationally, and have a passport for international travels.
- Comfortable with flexible working hours.
- Strong understanding of international admissions procedures.
- Outspoken and confident.
- Proficiency in analyzing data and making recommendations.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and other computer software as well as Internet applications.
- Canadian passport or work permit.
Note: A satisfactory background check is conducted before the employment is offered to the prospective candidate. Every candidate applying for the position is required to present necessary documents for verification purposes. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.
Job Type: Full-time