M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back-office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students.
We were a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
About the Role:
The Student Success Specialist will act as a Student Ambassador and Resource for the MSM Group Higher Ed Colleges (Eton College, Taylor Pro & Extreme Pro). The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for community walk-ins, current and prospective students to help them navigate the path towards their desired outcomes and goals. The Student Success Specialist will also assist students in various areas such as registration, new student orientation, financial aid, testing and provide employment support options to find gainful employment after graduation, and utilize available resources on and offline to ensure all queries are answered appropriately.
- Advise students, parents, college staff, and community members on policies, procedures, and processes related to multiple functional areas (admissions, advising, testing, registration, Housing accommodations, financial aid, and student accounts/business services)
- Resolve student service complaints and responding to a variety of general questions and requests
- Participate in recruitment activities to include, but not limited to, presentations at community service organizations, schools, and chambers of commerce
- Serve as the community liaison by visiting businesses and participating in community events that allow the College to “meet students where they are” in recruitment and public relations efforts
- Provide students with assistance accessing various college offices, functions, and programs
- Serve as a facilitator or a first line contact on resources for admissions, advising, testing, registration, housing accommodations, part time sources services, and financial aid
- Train and assist students in navigating the website, including student portal and online student service processes
- Communicate to students clearly and concisely, update comments and document all conversations/interactions in the appropriate area of the student management system
- Prepare for and participate in various in and out-of-college events, presentations, training, workshops, and other duties as assigned
Minimum Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Student Advising or similar roles experience in a private college or post secondary institution setting
- Undergraduate in Business Administration but a mixture of related education and experience will be considered
- Strong understanding of the basic needs for student services in post-secondary education
- Good verbal communication skills, to include excellent phone and written communication skills
- Must be available to work full-time, office hours from Monday to Friday. Please note that this position may require travel for meetings, conferences, presentations, or in between assigned locations
- Experience working with student services and/or business services for students in a college/university environment and developing and/or administering student service
programs that focus on improving, expanding, and supporting student success strategies
- Knowledge of distance learning with the use of online or web-based technology in delivery of programs or service
- Experience in creating and conducting presentations and/or workshop
- Vancouver Campus Location
Reports to : Campus Manager / Director
Co reporting to : Marketing Manager
Salary Range: $40k-$50k