Reporting relationship: This position reports to the Campus Director
Evaluation: All staff members receive performance evaluations on a regular basis. The evaluations will be conducted by the immediate supervisor.
Education, Experience, Skills and abilities:
- Academic credentials: Tourism and/or Hospitality Diploma from a recognized institution, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- Designation: Professional designation or equivalent preferred
- Teaching experience: Adult teaching and/or training experience – Minimum 2 years
- Industry experience: Applied experience related to the course/program taught – Minimum 2 years (10 years if a Diploma)
- Technology: Computer literacy, including tourism industry related technology
Summary of responsibilities:
The instructor is responsible for applying his/her expertise in planning, developing and delivering courses/programs that will ensure students have the opportunities to learn and reach their academic goals. The Instructor is also expected to participate in departmental meetings and activities, support the general development of students at the College, and assist the College in providing students with a superior learning environment.
The Instructor must be in attendance at the College for the total hours agreed upon in their Offer of Employment. If the Instructor has an unplanned absence (e.g. illness), s/he must report the absence to the Education Coordinator as soon as possible, and prior to the absence.
- Provide orientation for students
- Prepare and implement dacum, lesson plans, and course outlines as necessary.
- Use appropriate motivational teaching methods such as lectures, group work, projects; and a variety of teaching tools such as slides, a/v equipment, and Videos
- Develop and administer relevant instruments to evaluate student learning such as assignments, tests, quizzes, and exams.
- Enter student marks and attendance data in College records.
- On a regular basis, participate in curriculum review and updates.
- Discuss all curriculum concerns and revisions with the Education Coordinator.
- Participate in faculty meetings and College activities.
- Refer students to the Education Coordinator to address specific student learning or personal issues.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in graduation and open houses.
- Keep classroom area and instructor’s office clean and tidy.
- Serve as an ambassador for the College.
- Other related duties as required.