As a member of the MSM Executive team, the VP of Business Development (VP/BD) will provide the vision and leadership in developing a business development strategy that will focus on the growth to scale up our current business operations and revenue generation, while playing a key role in our global business innovation. The ideal candidate will join us with an understanding of the roles of developing partnerships with government and other stakeholders and create a business development strategy and work with our Finance and Government Relations teams to lead us in sustainable and strategic growth planning.
This role will be responsible for creating a dynamic and successful team of business development and sales professionals that consistently achieves objectives and targets that includes short and long-term business goals, leading to expanded reachand mission-aligned impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Co-design MSM’s vision for growth (of business and impact), with CEO and the executive team.
- Develop and lead our revenue generation and business development strategyand efforts.
- Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps.
- Key thought-partner to CEO and member of Leadership Team on company oversight.
Making Big Things Happen
- Measure and analyze current revenue streams, offerings, and relationships tooptimize our business growth and revenue strategy
- Identify innovative ways to scale up and grow business, impact, platforms, and partnerships
- Be a lead individual contributor on revenue generation
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, partners and clients
- Assist in Government Relations strategies
- Player-coach example setting of best practices in innovative and impactful growth across full team at MSM
- Monitor sales and push the business development team leads to achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
Inspiring and Leading Teams
- Lead, inspire and develop MSM’s business development team
- Set and ensure achievement of goals and highest standard of performance
- Embrace MSM’s core values and leadership principles: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Teamwork, and Inspiration
- Attract, coach, and retain top talent while building a performance-driven culture
Who We’re Looking For:
- A relevant graduate degree in business and a minimum of 10 years of provenexperience leading business growth – ideally in complex professional servicesand/or start-up environment
- Experience in the tech sector is preferred
- Demonstrated success in scaling a high-growth company or business unit
- Familiarity (and training) selling across a portfolio of complex services (e.g. integrated campaigns)
- Ability to motivate a sales team and execute on sales strategy and meeting targets
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills with a focus on coaching, training and mentoring a sales team.
- Experience working cross-functionally with different platforms to create a cohesive growth plan
- Results-oriented and ability to consistently achieve short- and long-term success
- Exceptional communication skills
How to Apply:
Email Employment@MSquare.media.com by no later than December 20, 2020
Please include a cover letter touching on 1) why you are interested in MSM, and this opportunity 2) how you might contribute to MSM, and 3) why you are passionate to be in service to one of the international education sector’s purpose-driven organizations.
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making MSM an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker-friendly culture.
MSM is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believes that inclusivity plays a vital role in our decision-making process.