The MSM Higher Ed Vice President Education is responsible to provide academic leadership for MSM Higher Ed initiatives. The Vice President Education is responsible for providing overall academic leadership and vision for MSM Higher Ed. The VP Education leads the academic strategic planning process and the creation of a culture of evidence-based education effectiveness. In this capacity, the Vice President Education acts as the leader of MSM Higher Ed’s educational enterprise including, but not limited to:
- Develop education policy and practise related to education and education delivery.
- Act as an integral member of the MSM Higher Ed Quality Assurance team.
- Acts as an integral member of the MSM Higher Ed regulatory and partner compliance teams.
- Plan, organize and implement curriculum development projects, program partnerships, articulation agreements and overall academic oversight of MSM Higher Ed initiatives;
- Undertakes ongoing assessment of faculty, programs and courses, learning outcomes, learning outcome assessment, online learning and other technologies including learning management systems.
- Manage Senior Academic Administrators and/or Program Coordination staff and have overall responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring and managing faculty, introducing faculty development and training programs and evaluating teaching and student results.
- Develops strategies to support faculty development, develops leadership training programs and resources that support the professional development of academic leadership and faculty.
- Plan, design and implement a co-op education program including establishing program policy, procedures, reporting; sourcing co-op placements and preparing students for their co-op experience from application, selection, performance and final reporting.
- Establish program advisory committees, conduct program advisory committee meetings and implement program advisory recommendations while following regulatory requirements within the delivery jurisdiction and consistent with partner, accreditation and other professional bodies.
- Collaborate to establish student success and retention practices along side the Registrar, faculty, partners and other such resources.
- Collaborate with the Vice President Partnerships and Strategic initiatives, the Registrar, business development, marketing and recruitment and other senior leadership in order to meet MSM Higher Ed goals and objectives.
- Facilitates collaboration with education partners, and within MSM Higher Ed, with transparent decision-making processes which engage faculty, staff and students.
- Overall responsibility for academic programs, planning, scheduling, reporting and budgets.
- Conducts program review and determines new demand and opportunities for programs, classes and services, ensures existing programs remain relevant or suspends such programs as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities consistent with the role of a college or university VP of Education.
- Minimum Masters degree in a related discipline, Doctorate degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years as a higher education instructor or faculty,
- Minimum 5 years experience as a program coordinator, academic chair or other senior education administrative role.
- Minimum 2 years planning, organizing and implementing a co-op program
Skills and Experience
- High degree of curriculum design and development experience.
- Experience using student learning platforms
- Experience developing academic policy and approval processes.
- Experience hiring, leading, developing, evaluating and motivating instructional staff
- Experience in the design, development and management of co-op education programs.
- Experience working with academic committees related to curriculum planning and approval and other education related committees and processes.
- Proven track record of working well with a Registrar and other senior administrators, faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with private and public education compliance (particularly in Canada but other national jurisdictions are of interest)
- Experience working with international and domestic students.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English
- Ability to work with diverse constituents, individually and as a member of a group.
- Strong cross-cultural communications skills and an ability work with staff across the globe.
- Proven qualities of integrity, leadership, accuracy, initiative and organization commitment.
- Sufficient flexibility to meet across time zone using a range of technology including video conferencing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a language other than English is desirable.
- A strong disposition for education policy and process with a hint of entrepreneurial spirit is welcomed.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on thousands of students lives.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic organization on a rapid growth trajectory.
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe.
Location of Work
- MSM Higher Ed is launching in Vancouver, BC Canada however we welcome applications from across the globe.
Thank you for your interest in MSM Higher Ed, a division of M Square Media, however only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.