The VP, Technology is responsible for the rapid development and implementation of comprehensive programs, initiatives, and strategies to ensure the company’s technology architecture is at all times aligned with the current digital era.This leader is responsible for enabling the vision for the company’s technology roadmap and planning, implementing and leading the technical initiatives required to realize that vision. The person must have ability to manage and inspire a cross-culturally integrated team and establish effective communication and workflow between them.
Specific responsibilities include
- Digital & Emerging technologies – Utilize emerging digital tools to enhance the customer experience and foster acceptance of an organization’s digital strategy. Maintain and suggest enterprise technology platforms, such as collaboration and commerce and collaborate with executive management on developing a streamlined approach for organizational growth and overall business strategy.
- Architecture – Ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards. Someone who understands how technology impacts a service-driven business in an Enterprise environment. Background in Enterprise Architecture and an understanding of a range of architectural styles and patterns.
- Leadership – Be a key leader in the continued development and implementation of a robust strategy. Lead by example with irreproachable ethical standards, highest integrity and great enthusiasm about the business. Ensure strong governance with the business unit and rigorous compliance with regulatory and company policies.
- Team Development – Provide leadership on organizational development including developing the top leaders of the organization, allocating appropriate time to build bench strength around the foundation in place and instilling a top talent culture.
- Technological Excellence – Comfortable setting company’s technical and architectural vision and able to set appropriate technological metrics to quantify and track team performance to execute on that vision.Has a deep understanding of leading-edge engineering trends as they pertain to: enterprise software, mobile, web, and wireless networking. Is able to credibly engage in co-creation and technology-driven business development with top technology companies, at the highest levels.
- Operational Expertise – Establishes rigorous agile development environment to ensure iterative and timely delivery on roadmap targets. Implements processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization of all available product and engineering resources. Rationalizes the application portfolio and suggest retirement and consolidation roadmaps for customer facing and internal applications.
- Degreed education, Masters preferred
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in product development or technology
- Must be well versed and be experienced within higher education or international education sector or other service industries.
- Proven excellence as leader capable of driving high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results specifically leading diverse functional and geographically dispersed product and technology teams
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization
What we offer
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.