Business development The Role
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, MSM is looking to fill two positions for VP Business Development in the international student recruitment, curriculum brokerage, international foundation partnerships and executive training verticals. Several of these verticals involve the SaaS tech sector. Reporting to the MSM Chief Growth Officer, the successful candidates will lead our business development efforts for that sector, focusing on a dynamic scaling up of our current business operations and revenue generation. The VP Business Development will help form and maintain an industry-leading team of business development and sales professionals.
The ideal VP’s will have existing post-secondary institution business development connections, an understanding of post-secondary institutional governance and business relations, and how educational partnerships and international recruitment play in business development strategy. The VP Business Development will be responsible for successful revenue sales to achieve short and long-term business goals, leading to expanded reach and mission-aligned impact.
What You’ll Do
This VP roles entail the following responsibilities:
- Assist and contribute to MSM’s vision for business growth and industry impact
- Lead our revenue generation and business development strategy and efforts in your vertical
- Align yourself and your team with strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps
- Making It Happen
- Analyze current revenue streams, offerings, and relationships to optimize exponential business growth and revenue strategy from double digit-M to 200M +
- Identify innovative ways to scale up and grow business, impact, platforms, and partnerships
- Be a key contributor on revenue generation
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, partners and clients
- Player-coach example setting of best practices in achieving impactful growth in your sector
- Monitor sales and push your business development team to achieve revenue objectives
- Team Inspiration + Leadership
- Lead, inspire and develop your sector’s sales team
- Set and ensure achievement of goals and highest standard of performance
- Embrace MSM’s core values and leadership principles: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Teamwork, and Inspiration
- Attract, coach, and retain top talent while building a performance-driven culture
- 8+ years of proven experience achieving exceptional business growth
- Ideally experience in educational sector
- Ideally experience in tech sector
- Preferably experience in leading SaaS sales team
- Ability to execute on and motivate a team around growth and sales targets
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Results-oriented – holds themselves accountable for short and long term success
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter touching on 1) why you are interested in MSM, and this opportunity 2) how you might contribute to MSM, and 3) why you are passionate to be in service to one of the international education sector’s purpose-driven organizations.
A generous compensation and benefits package is offered.
Email us at email@example.com.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on the lives of thousands of international students
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making MSM an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker-friendly culture.
MSM is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believes that inclusivity plays a vital role in our decision-making process.
Location of Work
Who We Are:
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology, and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management, and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks, and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
Thank you for your interest in MSM – we appreciate your desire to work with us! However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.