MSM is recruiting for a Vice President, Government Relations to join the team. This position reports to the CBO. Executive Director, Government Relations will be responsible for the management and execution of M Square Media (MSM) Government Relations strategy. The successful candidate will ensure the development and maintenance of strong relationships with government stakeholders in the core jurisdictions where MSM operated to support MSM’s operations and future growth.
What You’ll Do:
- In consultation with the executive, develop, maintain and execute an ongoing government relations engagement strategy;
- Create, manage and oversee a government relations strategy team as required;
- Lobby and advocate for the Company at all levels of government;
- Monitor and advise executive on ongoing government policies, planning and procedure as may be of interest or affect the Company;
- Build solid relationships with government officials and workers, and 3rd party stakeholders as may be needed for the strategic advancement of the Company, and to inspire investment and build partnerships with corporations, foundations and governments;
- Work with the Company’s Business Development division in assessing the growth and marketing needs of the Company, and in achieving political and stakeholder targets identified by them to achieve revenue generation.
- Preparing all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs);
- Identify and prepare necessary applications for government grants that may assist the Company and negotiate as may be needed to bring the grant to fruition;
- Endeavour to achieve all key performance indicators as assigned by the Company executive;
- Assist the Company executive in MSM Alumni strategies; and
- Represent the Company at business, political and social events, as required to promote the interests of the Company.
Who We’re Looking For:
- At least 15 years of experience in an external government relations role with demonstrated experience working with Canadian federal and provincial government officials/agencies as well as trade associations;
- Knowledge and involvement in the US political landscape in a variety of states and federally is an asset;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or communications;
- International Education industry knowledge is essential;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with both staff and external resources;
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework and reporting obligations for Canadian public companies;
- Experience in advising senior management on government relations strategy;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a proficiency in public speaking;
- Proven team playerwith strong listening skills and ability to work across teams and functions to achieve business results;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment; and
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
What we Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of students’ lives
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe
Location of Work:
- Vancouver, Toronto -Canada
Thank you for your interest in M Square Media (MSM). However, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted MSM offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, genetic information, arrest record, source of income, or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, state, and equal employment opportunity laws.